The weekend is here and if you're anything like me, a hangover cure will be in the cards at least once in the next 3 days.
Eight experts in their fields were asked "What's you're Hangover cure?"
I added my own "Cure" at the bottom.
- Chef – Take three Alka-Seltzer tablets, and knock them back with a bottle of sparkling water. Then everything will bubble up, so to speak, and you’ll be back in action.
- Bartender – “Bartender’s Ginger Ale” is half ginger beer and half tonic water mixed with an ounce of lemon juice and 10-12 dashes of angostura bitters. It settles, helps with pH, and, if it works for seasickness, it’ll work for a hangover, too.
- Urgent Care Doc – It’s simple: Pedialyte.
- Naturopathic Doc – Nab some magnesium citrate powder (you can get that at the local drug store), mix it with some water or OJ, and sip it through the day.
- Celebrity Nutritionist – “Dandelion Liver Tonic” is four celery ribs, a couple cups of spinach leaves, two kale leaves, a quarter-bunch of dandelion greens and parsley, two carrots, and a cucumber. (I'll take the hangover instead I think- Cameron)
- Registered Dietitian – Take some coconut water with some B-complex vitamins when you get home. In the morning, rock out some ginger tea or broth.
- Personal Trainer – Drink two servings of coconut water before you start drinking, and two more before you go to bed. Oatmeal in the morning helps, too.
- Adventurer – Turn on your shower, and take 30 breaths as quickly as possible. Then, hold your breath for 30-60 seconds, and get under the cold water, then stand under it and breathe deeply for 3 minutes. Fight-or-flight cures everything.
- Radio DJ - Red Gatorade before bed. A good breakfast the next morning (heavy on eggs and meat), 200-400mg Ibuprofen and chocolate milk.